MSc in Financial Management
- International Business School
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- 12 month
- Vienna, Vienna, Austria
ProgrammeManage risk like a professional! Raise your knowledge in finance and develop your critical thinking skills to be able to create tailor-made business strategies. MSc in Financial Management (TOP 100 - Global ranking ranked N°79 in Financial Markets, Worldwide! Eduniversal Master Ranking) is suitable for those intending to develop their careers in finance, broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, treasury management, the functioning of financial institutions and markets, and financial decision-making in the public or not-for-profit sectors. For those already working in finance, the programme will enhance their effectiveness by covering the latest developments in the field, encouraging them to question traditional techniques and take an analytical approach to problem-solving.
Students upon graduation should be equipped with
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- core and advanced theories, concepts and practices that are relevant to the field of financial management;
- the role and limitations of accounting and their influence on financial decision making;
- the forces shaping the financial services industry, especially the complex link between risk management, shareholder expectations and corporate social responsibility;
- appropriate techniques to deal with complex issues critical to the success of multinational firms.
Target audienceThis programme integrates theory with practice to produce graduates who have broad knowledge of finance and can apply it in real-life situations. In addition, the course may lead to job opportunities as line manager at finance units within the private, public and not-for-profit sectors. Recent graduates are employed as line managers by the biggest firms of the financial sector such as Morgan-Stanley, Axa Group, BNP Paribas or Deutsche Bank.
- Principles and Practices of Finance
- Accounting for Decision-making
- Financial Reports and Statements
- Financial Decision-making
- Academic Skills
- Advanced Financial Management
- Global Financial Markets
- Financial Management Elective*
- Research Methods for Social Sciences**
- Business Strategy
- Cross-cultural Management Skills
- Venture Capital
- Risk Management
** Prerequisite: Academic Skills
- Tuition fee per semester in Vienna € 5,900
- One-off registration fee for non-EU citizens € 900
Relevant first or second class Bachelor's degree. Mature students not meeting the above requirements should contact us with their complete application documentation, which will be considered on an individual basis.
MSc applicants are required to pass IBS' own English Language Placement Test that consists of a 100 minute test and an Orientation Interview. If the applicant has a certificate of
- the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum overall score of 6.5 points (including a minimum of 6.5 in each component of assessment)
- or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 575 (232 in the computerised version, 90 in the iBT version),
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a score of 176-184 (with a minimum of 175 in each component)
- International GCSE English as a Second Language with a score of C or higher on extended curriculum
- London University GCE O level Syllabus B in English Language with a score of C or higher
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) with a score of 59-65 (with 4 minimum component scores of 59),
the applicant is not required to take the written test, only the interview.
Order information material from International Business School. The given data is transmitted only to this educational provider and, of course, not given to a third party.
Ihre Nachricht wird gesendet...
Ihre Nachricht wurde gesendet.
OrganisationInternational Business School is a dynamic and innovative university with approximately 1,200 students from over 80 countries with two campuses, one in Vienna and one in Budapest. IBS, as one of the first private business universities of Central Europe, was founded in Budapest in 1991.
IBS strongly believes that its most important goal is to prepare students well for their business career so the needs of the employment market are incorporated in the curriculum. IBS is a relatively small school where teachers are friendly and approachable and have a very good relationship with students.
One of the main attractive features and strengths of IBS is preparing our students for the demands of the labour market by providing practice-oriented curricula and special training on soft skills. That is why the employment prospects of our graduates are so favourable.
Studying in ViennaVienna, also described as Europe's cultural capital, is a metropolis with unique charm, vibrancy and flair. It boasts with outstanding infrastructure, is clean and safe, and has all the inspiration that you could wish for in order to discover this wonderful part of Europe. With its population of about 2 million it is the cultural, economic, and political centre of Austria.
As the former home of the Habsburg court and its various empires, the city still has the magnificent remnants of the imperial capital it once was, and the historic city centre is inscribed on the Unesco World Heritage list.
The area around the campus offers numerous possibilities for sport in the woods: ski and summer bobsleigh tracks, running check points, mountain bike roads and hiking trails. In addition you can swim, do fitness, play tennis, table tennis, football or golf in one of the sports clubs nearby.
Vienna's Top 10 Attractions: Danube Tower, Hofburg Imperial Palace, Museum of Fine Arts, Natural History Museum, Naschmarkt, Schönbrunn Palace, Spanish Riding School, St. Stephan's Cathedral, Vienna Ferris Wheel and Vienna State Opera.