Professional MBA, Specialization Aviation Management
- Donau-Universität Krems
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 4 semester(s)
- Krems, Lower Austria, Austria
The Professional MBA, Specialization Aviation Management program at Danube University Krems is based on a state-of-the art learning concept which combines a high-quality General Management curriculum with a branch-specific Specialization Curriculum in Aviation Management.
The Aviation Specialization courses offer deep insight Aviation Management knowledge and provide students with the most relevant management methods of the industry.
By passing the Professional MBA, Specialization Aviation Management Program at Danube Business School, students are going to understand the linkages between the different parts of the aviation industry and will obtain additionally to the General Management knowledge, branch-specific state-of-the-art knowledge, skills and competences for their future career – furthermore students become part of a highly educated, professional and international aviation community!
More Information: www.donau-uni.ac.at/aviation-mba
Mag. Dr. Doris Burger
Aviation MBA Program established since 2000
Prof. Dr. Wolf Müller-Rostin
Aviation is one of the most dynamic and fascinating industries in the world. During the last years, aviation executives had to cope with the consequences of deregulation, globalization and privatization. Technological changes and market differentiation are part of the dynamic business.
Additionally, aviation managers are confronted with a variety of national and international regulations that have a direct impact on the industry. In such an environment, human capital is one of the most important sources for ensuring the profitability of aviation companies in the future. Therefore, aviation managers should be prepared to meet the challenges of their career, in order to reach their preferred professional destination.
The Professional MBA, Specialization Aviation Management program offers state-of-the-art General Management Education and advanced aviation management know-how. Methods and instruments of management provide for an education which makes you “ready for take-off”.
General Management Modules
- Fundamentals of Management (ONLINE)
- Fundamentals of Statistics and Economics (ONLINE)
- Business Analytics & Research Methods
- Managerial Economics& Global Business Environment
- Controlling & Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- International Business
- Business Ethics
- Managing People
- Managing Complexity & Project Management
- Knowledge Management & Innovation
- Political and Regulatory Aviation Framework, Contractual and Non-Contractual Liabilities and Related Issues
Passenger Rights, ICAO
Montreal and Rome Convention, Aviation Insurance
EASA, Emission Trading in Aviation
Aspects of Ground Handling Contracts
Factual and Legal Aspects of a Major Accident
Accident Aircraft Investigation
Ownership, Leasing, Finance, Risk Management
- The Airport Business Management, Airport Competition and the economic, social and environmental impact
The Airport System and Stakeholders
Airport Functions and Management:
Aeronautical & Non-Aeronautical Issues
Airport Strategic Issues: Product Design, Delivery, Marketing & Competition
Financial Management and Controlling
The Ground Handling Business and Market
Globalization and Networks
- Airline Business Management, Airline Financial Management
Airline Marketing and Distribution
Airline Alliances and Mergers
Airline Cost Structure and Affecting Costs,
Sources of Airline Finance
Fleet Planning and Productivity, Air Cargo and
Airline Managerial Accounting and
- Air Traffic Management: System & Operations
Air Traffic Management and Air Traffic Control: The System and its Operations
Future Framework: Single European Sky
Management of an Air Traffic Service Providing Company
Risk Assessment, Safety, Quality, Human Resource Factors
ATM System: Flow Management, Slot Regimes
Future Developments and Challenges
Financial Base: Air Traffic Services & EUROCONTROL Route Charge System
- Sustainable Aviation Management
Sustainability in Aviation: Introduction and Main Issues
Core problems and possible Managerial,
Behavioural, Governance and Technological Solutions
System Dynamics - The Manufacturing Perspectives
Best Practices in Aviation
Future Developments and Changes
- Boulder Colorado - Authentic Leadership & Ethics
- Silicon Valley - Entrepreneurship
- Vancouver- Venture Capital & Mergers and Acquisitions
The program is distinguished by its modular structure: 1 online course, 10 on campus courses and 1 international study trip.
The program which is basically completed in four semesters is designed as part time study program. One module consists of several courses and comprises six days of intensive learning and experienced based knowledge transfer.
- Total fees approx.
- € 22,900
We invite all qualified applicants for the Professional MBA, Specialization Aviation Management for a self-evaluation test online and a personal interview at Danube University Krems. Applicants from abroad can do the interview via Skype also.
We expect our applicants to have
- a completed Austrian university degree and at least 2 years Professional experience or
- a completed - according to regulations - equivalent foreign study University degree and at least 2 years of professional experience or
- a general qualification for university entrance and at least 6 years relevant work experience in adequate position (training periods may be included)
Applicants who do not have a general qualification for university entrance need at least 10 years relevant work experience in adequate position (training periods may be included).
Additionally, a good working knowledge of the English language is required!
We kindly ask interested Aviation professionals to send us their CV before; candidates get a feedback in respect to acceptance within some days.
|Language(s) of instruction:||English|
Danube Business School Method
Increasingly managers are to address problems that are becoming significantly more complex. This calls for well-developed skills in dealing with uncertainty and conflicts.
In addition social skills and skills in group dynamics are getting more important role, as the enhancement of staff involvement becomes more crucial. In order to develop leadership ability in a constantly changing environment, decision makers must be able to successfully handle problems on an individual, group and organizational level.
- Practical Knowledge: Deepening hands-on knowledge based on the experiences of successful practitioners
- Theory: Communicating and expanding knowledge
- Application: Bring your new learning into your workplace.
- Case Studies: Learning and training by means of current business cases
What makes us unique?
The combination of
- Internationalism of our staff and student body
- Well established, highly successful, in-house teaching methods
- International quality assurance
- A combination of research and practice
- Highest quality standards
- Flexible programs and course formats
- Well established and long-term links with industry and commerce
- Europe’s leading public University for Continuing Education
This unique combination distinguishes all continuing education courses and programs at Danube Business School: the linking of scientific approaches with practice orientation, innovative teaching and learning methods as well as the highest quality standards.
To ensure the quality of teaching and studying, our programs regularly undergo quality assurance procedures. These accreditations enhance both the international comparability of our degrees and the transparency of our programs and courses.
Order information material from Donau-Universität Krems. The given data is transmitted only to this educational provider and, of course, not given to a third party.
Ihre Nachricht wird gesendet...
Ihre Nachricht wurde gesendet.
Students with professional experience.
Attendees of Danube University Krems are students with very high expectations. Aged on average 40 years, they have several years of professional experience and usually a higher educational degree (university, college of higher education or academy). At Danube University Krems they prepare themselves for the next step in their career, update their knowledge, acquire new skills, and develop their personal abilities.
Studying in Krems
Danube University Krems is located 80 km from Vienna – in one of the most beautiful cultural landscapes of Europe known as the Wachau. It has been declared a world heritage site by the UNESCO. The modern adaptation of an erstwhile tobacco factory in Stein, a characteristic industrial building dating back to the start of the 20th century, and the new premises at Campus Krems offer students and teachers an open and motivating environment that promotes innovation. The facilities include modern teaching and research rooms, a library, an auditorium, a cinema, apartments, and a variety of restaurants.
- Mag. Dr. Doris Burger
- +43 (0)2732 893-2113